In light of the Denver Broncos bad news, I’m one die-hard Broncos fan that always wants to view my Broncos in a positive light. That is why aside from recent events including drugs and alcohol, I like to focus on the positive things the organization members do during the offseason.
- July 10th and 11th wide receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker hosted a 2 day pro camp in which children ranging from first through eighth grade met at Littleton High School to gain football skills and work with the football stars.
When speaking about the camp Decker said, “I think it’s important just to be visible and have that interaction with kids. You can’t replace that as far as giving back. If you give your time, you give your effort, that’s the best thing you can do and that’s what’s important to us is being visible and just having fun with these kids.”
- This past Saturday (just like last year) Peyton Manning appeared on stage at the Kenny Chesney concert during his hit “The Boys of Fall,” to make an appearance for fans. He also signed a Broncos helmet and gave it to a fan.
- Coach John Fox and VP John Elway went to Lake Tahoe July 19th to participate in the 24th Annual American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament in which Fox finished -1 and Elway tied for fourth with four other celebrities. The tournament raises money for local and national charities.
- Hearts broke in Denver when Eric Decker and upcoming country music singer Jessie James said, “I do” at their June 22nd wedding in Castle Rock. The wedding as well as the few months that lead up to it, was filmed by the E! Network.
In an interview with the Denver Post Jessie James said, “we’re the example of real love. And we want to share that with people that it’s out there. We’re normal people just like everyone else doing down-to-earth stuff, and we wanted to share that.”
Being that this took place during the off season Decker and the Broncos staff made sure it wasn’t a distraction to the organization however, it may be a distraction to the fans during football season because the series “Eric & Jessie: Game On,” will air in September.
- Peyton Manning organized a fun team building day by going to a Rockies game earlier in May in which, if you haven’t seen the video yet, included right tackle Orlando Franklin being the victim of a prank with a pie smashed in his face by Eric Decker during an interview.
With the off season officially behind us Derek Wolfe couldn’t have said it better tweeting today, “Shut off everything else, the only thing that matters right now is football.”