Here is part four of six of my All-division teams in the NBA. You can find rules and teams in the previous posts from the Central division, Southwest division, and Pacific division. The Northwest’s center position was extremely thin. I almost put Kevin Garnett at the center position, but that would be breaking my own rules without missing out on anyone that absolutely needs to be on the team. With apologies to the Nikola Jokic lovers, he does not have the years of any accolades at all at this point. To remind those of you not checking out the rules from the other divisions’ posts, this is not an assembly of the best team right now, but the most accomplished players since the 2004-2005 season when the league formed its six divisions that it has today. You don’t make the list for one good season. OK, crap, you do if you are a center in the Northwest division. Without further ado, here’s the list.
Toughest Omissions: Chauncey Billups, Rashard Lewis, Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Boozer, Nikola Jokic, Serge Ibaka
- Center- Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz 2013-present) 1x All-NBA, 1x DPOY
- Power Forward- Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves 1995-2007, 2015-2016) 1x MVP, 9x All-NBA, 10x All-star
- Small Forward- Kevin Durant (Seattle Supersonics/Oklahoma City Thunder 2007-2016) 1x MVP, 6x All-NBA, 7x All-star
- Shooting Guard- Brandon Roy (Portland Trailblazers 2006-2011, Minnesota Timberwolves 2012) 2x All-NBA, 3x All-star
- Point Guard- Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder 2008-present) 1x MVP, 7x All-NBA, 7x All-star
- Center- Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-present) 1x All-NBA, 1x All-star
- Power Forward- LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trailblazers 2006-2015) 3x All-NBA, 4x All-star
- Small Forward- Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets 2003-2011, Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-2018) 4x All-NBA, 5x All-star
- Shooting Guard- Ray Allen (Seattle Supersonics 2003-2007) 1x All-NBA, 4x All-star
- Point Guard- Damian Lillard (Portland Trailblazers 2012-present) 3x All-NBA, 3x All-star
- Power Forward- Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves 2008-2014) 2x All-NBA, 3x All-star
- Point Guard- Deron Williams (Utah Jazz 2005-2011) 3x All-NBA, 3x All-star
Shout-out to the Seattle Supersonics with more appearances than the Denver Nuggets and as many as the Thunder, Jazz and Timberwolves if you exclude Brandon Roy’s five games in Minnesota and Carmelo’s atrocious season in OKC (which, let’s be honest, you probably should.) Rest in peace Supersonics. Rest in peace Brandon Roy’s NBA career. I am now way too sad.
Speaking of being sad, do you see now how depressing the center position is? I mean, Towns has loads of untapped potential, and Gobert has been the anchor of the Jazz for a few years, but they have one All-star appearance and All-NBA team combined between the two of them. In five years, hopefully the center position looks a little better.
What are your thoughts on my 12-man line-up?