Here is my sixth and final post regarding All-division teams in the NBA, the Atlantic division. Rules and previous posts can be found from the Central, Southwest, Pacific, Northwest, and Southeast. Check them out. To summarize the parameters: Players had to be playing in the division during or after the 2004-2005 season, which is the year of the 30-team expansion and six divisions. If they played in the division before 2004-2005, they are still eligible as long as they played in that division thereafter as well.
For example, Paul Pierce played for the Boston Celtics from 1998-2013, so all of his accomplishments from before the ’05 season will count. With that said, if a player played in the division before the ’05 season and returned to the division later in their career, but not on the same team, their accomplishments prior to rejoining the division do not count. Silly? Maybe. So to clarify, Shaq played in Orlando almost a decade before the expansion to six divisions, but returned to Miami in the summer of 2004. His Orlando accolades do not count. Jason Kidd, on the other hand, played for Dallas in the 90’s and then returned in 2008. His accomplishments count because he returned to the same team. Furthermore, accomplishments from their time in the division go towards their tallied accolades, not all of their accolades from their entire careers. Now let’s check out the Atlantic division.
Toughest Omissions: Ray Allen, Andre Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Kristaps Porzingis, Kenyon Martin, Deron Williams, Amar’e Stoudemire
- Center- Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors 2003-2010, Miami Heat 2010-2016) 1x All-NBA, 11x All-star, 2x NBA Champion
- Power Forward- Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics 2007-2013, Brooklyn Nets 2013-2015) 1x All-NBA, 5x All-star, 1x DPOY, 2008 NBA Champion
- Small Forward- Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics 1998-2013, Brooklyn Nets 2013-2014) 1x Finals MVP, 4x All-NBA, 10x All-star, 2008 NBA Champion
- Shooting Guard- Allen Iverson (Philadelphia 76ers 1996-2006, 2009-2010) 1x MVP, 7x All-NBA, 7x All-star
- Point Guard- Jason Kidd (New Jersey Nets 2001-2008, New York Knicks 2012-2013) 3x All-NBA, 5x All-star
- Center- Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers 2014-present) 1x All-NBA, 1x All-star
- Power Forward- Al Horford (Boston Celtics 2016-present) 1x All-star
- Small Forward- Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks 2011-2017) 2x All-NBA, 5x All-star
- Shooting Guard- Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors 1998-2004, New Jersey Nets 2004-2009) 2x All-NBA, 8x All-star
- Point Guard- Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics 2006-2014) 1x All-NBA, 4x All-star, 2008 NBA champion
- Shooting Guard- Demar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors 2009-2018) 2x All-NBA, 4x All-star
- Point Guard- Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors 2012-present) 1x All-NBA, 4x All-star